Soulshard Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SoulshardForums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Eliza's Game Master Application.

Go down 
+3
Syntax
baldbosa
Sayan
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Sayan

Eliza's Game Master Application. Empty
PostSubject: Eliza's Game Master Application.   Eliza's Game Master Application. EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 1:32 am

Please add for which realm are you applying. (Voidwalker, Astral)

1. What is your name ?
My name is Eliza.

2. How old are you and how mature are you compared to other people the same age as you?.
I am turning 24 tomorrow. I feel that I am as mature, if not more-so, than people of my age group.

3. Where in the world are you located and what timezone are you in?
I am located on the East Coast of the U.S.A., my timezone is -5 EST.

4. What is your main character in-game name?
Eliza.

5. For how long have you been playing Soulshard-wow, and how long have you played the game itself?
I've only recently stumbled on this server, and have been playing for only a few hours. I have played World of Warcraft since it's release in 2004, through Burning Crusade, Wrath of the Lich King, and the beginning of Cataclysm.

6. Have you ever been banned for any reason?
No.

7. How much time would you put into being a member of our Staff? And how much time do you daily spend on WoW? (Be specific please : Day/Time etc.)
I usually play quite a few hours a day, probably closer to 7. My times are very erratic, dependent completely on when I am needed online.

8. Do you have a basic base of command knowledge? (TrinityCore based)
Yes, of course.

9. Do you work well in teams?
Yes, depending on the quality of the people I am working with.

10. Explain to us what makes you suitable for the GM position.
I don't think anything sets me apart from any other applicant, except my dedication. I believe I am more qualified than others because of that. I take my position very seriously. I'm also a very personable and verbally attractive person. I take pride in where I work, who I work with, and who I work for. I have no illusions about anything regarding my position, and therefore am able to keep a level head in times of adversity.

11. Why do you want to become a member of our Staff team and what interests you the most about the GM position?
I would like to become a member of the staff because I can. I am confident enough in my skills and qualifications to believe I will be able to make it as a game master here. The one reason I play this game is because of the prospect that I will be able to give players happiness. I only continue as a game master so that others will benefit and enjoy their gameplay more.

12. What positive additions could you make to the Server/Community, what are your good qualities?
I believe I could bring a level of experience that is almost unprecedented now a-days. I believe my knowledge of WoW, Private servers, and general behavior can be an important asset to any community. In support of this, I can safely say that my best qualities to help me achieve this goal are a mixture of personability, passion, and dedication.

13. What do you think is the most important thing for a GM to do/to be?
In my opinion, the most important thing for a Game master to do is be completely impartial. Favoritism, even in it's smallest form, created serious unrest within a server.

14. Are you familiar with the expression "power hungry"? If so, what does this mean to you and what can convince us that you're not that type of person?
Yes, I am very familiar with the term, I've worked with many people in the past who were just that. Being power hungry, to me, is a person putting their selfish ambitions in front of needs and requirements of a server. I can definitely assure you I am slightly power hungry, but if I wasn't I wouldn't be applying at all.

15. We require all GM's to act professional at all times, this includes proper spelling and grammar, will this be a problem for you?
No, this is probably the easiest of all requirements, seeing as I make it a problem of mine if I do not have proper linguistic skills.

16. Fluent languages ?
I am fluent in English, and am working towards learning Italian.

17. A player makes a ticket repeatedly, you told him to stop making tickets but he keeps going. What do you do?
If a player persistently makes the same ticket over and over again then I haven't done my job. In response, I would ask if there was anything else they needed to know or wanted to ask. Depending on the answer, I would proceed accordingly.

18. A player made a ticket and he says that he deleted his Shadowmourne and he wants it back, what will you do?
First, I would determine if that player did actually have Shadowmourne. Second, depending on the time they deleted their item, I would ask an administrator for permission and provide the necessary information to prove that this person did have the weapon.

19. Do you have a working microphone ? The decisive step of accepting your application is a live interview over Skype.
Yes.
Back to top Go down
baldbosa

PostSubject: Re: Eliza's Game Master Application.   Eliza's Game Master Application. EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 2:10 am

bullshit,
Back to top Go down
Syntax
Syntax

PostSubject: Re: Eliza's Game Master Application.   Eliza's Game Master Application. EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 2:16 am

Wow, this is one epic application. +1
Back to top Go down
Ichigo

PostSubject: Re: Eliza's Game Master Application.   Eliza's Game Master Application. EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 2:34 am

I personally don't like this. -1.

You criticize everybody's application ingame, saying "I hope your application was an April Fools joke".
Back to top Go down
Sayan

PostSubject: Re: Eliza's Game Master Application.   Eliza's Game Master Application. EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 11:15 am

No, I only brought to light an important issue regarding how people treat their applications.
Back to top Go down
Ichigo

PostSubject: Re: Eliza's Game Master Application.   Eliza's Game Master Application. EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 8:26 pm

Sayan wrote:
No, I only brought to light an important issue regarding how people treat their applications.

"Every thread for gm recruitment I've seen is horrible, I don't even want to continue." - Elise
Back to top Go down
Sayan

PostSubject: Re: Eliza's Game Master Application.   Eliza's Game Master Application. EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 8:29 pm

Which is sad because I only got through one. The others I have read aren't even worth the time to reply.
Back to top Go down
Franky123
First Players

PostSubject: Re: Eliza's Game Master Application.   Eliza's Game Master Application. EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 10:09 pm

I don't know you and i can't say much about your personality and stuff but you've decided to apply for GM at the worst time, also one thing that i didn't like is how you just started playing today, and you barely know the server and are applying for GM... Thats my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Ichigo

PostSubject: Re: Eliza's Game Master Application.   Eliza's Game Master Application. EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 10:22 pm

Sayan wrote:
Which is sad because I only got through one. The others I have read aren't even worth the time to reply.

Wrong, you had said "I've gone through like 4 apps, they're all bad"
Back to top Go down
Sayan

PostSubject: Re: Eliza's Game Master Application.   Eliza's Game Master Application. EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 2:35 am

Try again Ichigo. If you wouldn't mind not posting on my thread, too, that would be awesome. I realize your hurt because I insulted you about your application, but honestly, it is a horrible and unorganized 5-minute deal.

Quote :
you just started playing today, and you barely know the server and are applying for GM... Thats my opinion.

Seeing as all the stuff that happened during the course of the past 24 hours, I highly doubt that a game master application will be considered for a while, mine or any one else's.

Although you are right, I hadn't been on the server for any length of time, and I can appreciate your concern. I had made an application with the insistence of a staff member who had worked with me in the past, although I wanted to apply for an in-game development job as well, that obviously didn't work out :p.

It was never my intention to make one so soon, knowing it would cause turmoil if I were elevated with so little understanding of the server. However, that role has seemed to be filled by someone else.
Back to top Go down
Alexandra
Co-Owner
Co-Owner
Alexandra

PostSubject: Re: Eliza's Game Master Application.   Eliza's Game Master Application. EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 8:21 am

This application is DENIED
Back to top Go down
http://soulshardwow.servegame.org
philipnks
First Players
philipnks

PostSubject: Re: Eliza's Game Master Application.   Eliza's Game Master Application. EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 9:09 am

Ignore them next time Sayan.
Back to top Go down
Sayan

PostSubject: Re: Eliza's Game Master Application.   Eliza's Game Master Application. EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 1:39 pm

All things considered I'm not surprised. I chose a bad time to apply, anyway, with all the stuff that was going on with the staff and my low game time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eliza's Game Master Application.   Eliza's Game Master Application. Empty

Back to top Go down

Eliza's Game Master Application.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Soulshard Forums :: GM Applications-
Jump to: