Soulshard Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SoulshardForums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Redwiddow1's Gamemaster application

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
redwiddow1

Redwiddow1's Gamemaster application Empty
PostSubject: Redwiddow1's Gamemaster application   Redwiddow1's Gamemaster application EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 11:35 pm

I am applying for the Voidwalker realm.

1. What is your name ? Anthony Beninger

2. How old are you and how mature are you compared to other people the same age as you?. I am 17 years old. I find myself to be immature at times.. But when I am doing what needs to be done I am mature about it.

3. Where in the world are you located and what timezone are you in? I live in Michigan, USA .. EST -4

4. What is your main character in-game name? My main character in-game is Redwiddow

5. For how long have you been playing Soulshard-wow, and how long have you played the game itself? I have been with Soulshard for a week now... My in-game time for Redwiddow is 1 Day, 9 Hours.

6. Have you ever been banned for any reason? No, I have not been banned on this server.

7. How much time would you put into being a member of our Staff? And how much time do you daily spend on WoW? (Be specific please : Day/Time etc.) I have school still... So I am able to get on the server every day at 3 PM, for about 8 hours, that is on the weekdays. For weekends I can be on from the time I wake up till the time I go to sleep.

8. Do you have a basic base of command knowledge? (TrinityCore based) Yes, I have had most history with TinityCore.

9. Do you work well in teams? I Work well alone, but I can do fine in a team, Its always nice to have some help! Very Happy

10. Explain to us what makes you suitable for the GM position. I am very mature when I need to be. I like making friends, and helping people out. It helps me build self confidence, and I need more self confidence.

11. Why do you want to become a member of our Staff team and what interests you the most about the GM position? I think holding responsibility and making alot of friends, is what interests me about being a GM.

12. What positive additions could you make to the Server/Community, what are your good qualities? I am friendly, helpful, responsible, good listening, and fun to be around.

13. What do you think is the most important thing for a GM to do/to be? I think a GM always needs to keep their cool, so they can stay responsible and get the work that is required done.

14. Are you familiar with the expression "power hungry"? If so, what does this mean to you and what can convince us that you're not that type of person? The only way I know I can convince you that I am not power hungry is by making me a GM and proving that I can handle my GM skills responsibly. But for now you can only take my word that I am not.

15. We require all GM's to act professional at all times, this includes proper spelling and grammar, will this be a problem for you? No this will not be a problem for me.

16. Fluent languages ? I am fluent in English only.

17. A player makes a ticket repeatedly, you told him to stop making tickets but he keeps going. What do you do? I warn him a couple more times. If he is not to stop. I will temporarily ban them.

18. A player made a ticket and he says that he deleted his Shadowmourne and he wants it back, what will you do? I will ask for any proof of this situation.. Such as Screenshots/Photos, Videos... If he was not lying then I will give him back his item.

19. Do you have a working microphone ? The decisive step of accepting your application is a live interview over Skype. Yes I have a working microphone, plus skype, vent, teamspeak.. ect..
Back to top Go down
Syntax
Syntax

PostSubject: Re: Redwiddow1's Gamemaster application   Redwiddow1's Gamemaster application EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 11:39 pm

removed

Last edited by Syntax on Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : removed)
Back to top Go down
Syntax
Syntax

PostSubject: Re: Redwiddow1's Gamemaster application   Redwiddow1's Gamemaster application EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 11:47 pm

Anyways, I'm not saying you're terrible, it's just sometimes.. releasing your anger out on people doesn't work. I still hold my anger in, I usually let it slide by trolling people.
Back to top Go down
Sayan

PostSubject: Re: Redwiddow1's Gamemaster application   Redwiddow1's Gamemaster application EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 12:52 am

redwiddow1 wrote:
I am applying for the Voidwalker realm.

1. What is your name ? Anthony Beninger

Your last name isn't necessary, if anything it puts you in danger of identity theft.

redwiddow1 wrote:
2. How old are you and how mature are you compared to other people the same age as you?. I am 17 years old. I find myself to be immature at times.. But when I am doing what needs to be done I am mature about it.

Telling someone you are immature is not a good idea, specifically during the fulfillment of an employment application.

redwiddow1 wrote:
7. How much time would you put into being a member of our Staff? And how much time do you daily spend on WoW? (Be specific please : Day/Time etc.) I have school still... So I am able to get on the server every day at 3 PM, for about 8 hours, that is on the weekdays. For weekends I can be on from the time I wake up till the time I go to sleep.

Times and days... In order for someone to show basic problem solving they need to understand the question. Giving a time zone and a general time frame doesn't suffice. A recruiter having to calculate the times you can play, which takes his/her time from another, probably more important, activity, is more likely not to hire you.

redwiddow1 wrote:
10. Explain to us what makes you suitable for the GM position. I am very mature when I need to be. I like making friends, and helping people out. It helps me build self confidence, and I need more self confidence.

Again, telling someone you're only mature when you need to be isn't going to help you at all. Not to mention your lack of self-confidence does nothing to strengthen your position either.

redwiddow1 wrote:
11. Why do you want to become a member of our Staff team and what interests you the most about the GM position? I think holding responsibility and making alot of friends, is what interests me about being a GM.

Being a game master isn't about making friends. Also, low self-confidence will hinder the amount of responsibility you can handle.

redwiddow1 wrote:
12. What positive additions could you make to the Server/Community, what are your good qualities? I am friendly, helpful, responsible, good listening, and fun to be around.

These answers do not belong to this question.

redwiddow1 wrote:
14. Are you familiar with the expression "power hungry"? If so, what does this mean to you and what can convince us that you're not that type of person? The only way I know I can convince you that I am not power hungry is by making me a GM and proving that I can handle my GM skills responsibly. But for now you can only take my word that I am not.

I don't know whether I'm surprised by your use of the word "convince" of that I'm confused. Firstly, you didn't even answer most of the question. Second, your implication that the only way to show you aren't "power hungry" is to give you a position you can abuse easily is deplorable. There are definitely more ways than just that to determine something so important.

redwiddow1 wrote:
17. A player makes a ticket repeatedly, you told him to stop making tickets but he keeps going. What do you do? I warn him a couple more times. If he is not to stop. I will temporarily ban them.

Unfortunately for you, it is not your duty to decide whether or not someone's ticket has been answered in a manner that they understand. If a person is making a ticket more than once, you obviously haven't done your job right.

Overall, a very poor application. Grammar and sentence structure need work, along with proper use of punctuation. Short, non-descriptive answers, and answers that don't even belong to the question, are abundant and should be taken care of. I'd give this a 3 on a scale of 1-10.
Back to top Go down
Twinkster
Senior GM
Senior GM
Twinkster

PostSubject: Re: Redwiddow1's Gamemaster application   Redwiddow1's Gamemaster application EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 10:17 pm

Sayan there is absolutely no need for you to tear this App apart and criticize everything he did. Everyone has flaws and you will just have to learn to accept them. I would advise not to be a smart alak, but rather help people in a positive way. Telling them how bad they have done is going to lead to low self-esteem, anger, and arguments.

1. If he feels comfortable putting his last name, he may. If someone tries to steal his identity they will just have to suffer the consequences. We can ask via email, skype, and other IMs if that person was on today between X and Y times. If they weren't, we know that the person was an imposter trying to get the GM, or any player, in trouble.

2. Honesty is the best policy. You have to admit that your not 100% mature when you are with your friends. He basically states one of my favorite sayings, "There's a time for work, and there's a time for play".

7. It doesn't take that much effort to remember school is Monday - Friday. He clearly gave the time he will be on at 3PM on weekdays for about 8 hours. On the weekends it is whenever he wakes up till he goes to bed.

10, 11, 12, 14. I can admit these need a better response.

17. Your critique makes absolutely no sense. "It is not your duty to decide whether or not someone's ticket has been answered in a manner that they understand." Actually it is. You want to make sure the person that is being helped understands exactly what is happening so they would stop making tickets. "If a person is making a ticket more than once, you obviously haven't done your job right." This sentence is the complete opposite of your last sentence. Also, people make multiple tickets because they want something that they can't have. For example: When someone gets muted, they might rage and keep making tickets until you unmute them. If they deserved to be muted, you are doing your job right.

Yes this app may need a little work, but there is no need for you to waste your time criticizing it because I will do the exact same thing to your response (what I'm doing right now) and the same to your GM app. If the staff and I feel like this app is just complete disaster, we will tell them and deny the application. This is surely no good impression.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Redwiddow1's Gamemaster application   Redwiddow1's Gamemaster application Empty

Back to top Go down

Redwiddow1's Gamemaster application
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Soulshard Forums :: GM Applications-
Jump to: